- Open Fund Application Guidelines
- I. Who may apply
1. Programs that are related to fundamental/applied research of natural and biomimetic drugs and are in need of utilizing facilities in the State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs are qualified for application to this fund. We encourage applicants from outside Peking University to apply, and limit the annual number of projects within Peking University to three.
- 2. Applicants should have associate senior professional titles or above or have received a doctoral degree, also should have certain research background and have an interest in the projects. For those young scientific and technical workers without senior professional titles, they are required to have recommendations from two scientific and technical workers in the same field with senior professional titles. Currently enrolled undergraduate students, postgraduate students and postdoctoral research fellows are generally not eligible for application.
- II. What the fund supports
The fund covers expenses including experimental materials, test costs and relevant travel allowances, etc.. The amount of financial assistance ranges from ￥30,000 to ￥80,000, usually for two years. Each project will have an independent accounting system
- III. How to apply
The open fund projects will be listed on the homepage of the laboratory and applicants can find the related information on the website. Applicants must fill in the Open Fund Application Form of the State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs of Peking University, and then send the completed application form via email, and submit three printed copies of other related material. All the applications will be reviewed during the annual academic conference of the State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Peking University. The academic committee will evaluate all the applications and decide on proper projects, which will be approved by the director of the Laboratory. Then the chosen projects can enter the allotment plan. The final results will be posted on the website of the Laboratory and the applicants will be informed with written notice.
- IV. Priority research areas
1) Research on identification of new drug targets
2) Research on interaction between small molecules and biomacromolecules
3) Research on synthesis, isolation and purification of bioactive small molecules with novel structures
4) Research on new drug delivery system
5) New technology and method for drug innovation research
6) Candidate drug and preclinical study for drug innovation research
7) Basic research on Chinese traditional medicine and folk medicine with clear therapeutic effects.
- V. Contact information
Contact person: Dr. Shuxiang SONG
Address: No. 38, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100191,
P.O.Box 261# Peking University Health Science Center
PS: Please mention “Open fund application”
copyright 2010Stake Key Laboratory Of Natural ,Peking University