Dr. Lokesh K. Kumawat, 2017 Postdoctoral Fellow
2004.06 – 2007.05: B.Sc. (Chemistry, Biology and Zoology), University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India.
2007.07 – 2009.06: M.Sc. (Chemistry), Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, India
2010.12 –2015.12: Ph.D. (Assessment of metal sensing abilities of some optical chemosensors), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India
2016.02 – 2017.01: Postdoctoral Fellow (University Of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa)
2017.07 – till date: Postdoctoral Fellow (SKLNBD, Peking University, Beijing, PR China)
· Synthesis of fluorescent molecules,
· Colorimetric and Fluorometric Sensors,
1. Optical and electrochemical dual channel sensing of Cu2+ using functionalized furo[2,3-d]pyrimidines-2,4[1H,3H]-diones. M. Kumar*, L.K. Kumawat*, P. Bhatt, A. Jha, A. Sharma and V.K. Gupta, Spectrochimica Acta Part A 181 (2017) 73–81. *equivalent first co-author.
2. Dual ion selective fluorescence sensor with potential applications in sample monitoring and membrane sensing. L.K. Kumawat, M. Asif, V.K. Gupta, Sens. Actuators B 241 (2017) 1090–1098
3. Structure property studies revealed a new indoyl furanone based bifunctional chemosensor for Cu2+ and Al3+. L.K. Kumawat*, M. Kumar*, P. Bhatt, A. Jha, V.K. Gupta, A. Sharma, Anal. Methods 8 (2016) 7369–7379. *equivalent first co-author.
4. An easily accessible optical chemosensor for Cu2+ based on novel imidazoazine framework, its performance characteristics and potential applications. L.K. Kumawat, M. Kumar, P. Bhatt, A. Sharma, M. Asif, V.K. Gupta, Sens. Actuators B 240 (2017) 365–375. (Impact factor=4.758)
5. Highly selective dual channel chemosensor based on benzo[d]thiazole for detection of Zn2+ ions. L.K. Kumawat, V.K. Gupta, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 11 (2016) 8861–8873.
6. Novel synthesized antipyrine derivative based “naked eye” colorimetric chemosensors for Al3+ and Cr3+. L.K. Kumawat, N. Mergu, M. Asif, V.K. Gupta, Sens. Actuators B 231 (2016) 847–859.
7. Novel furochromenone based dual channel sensors for selective detection of Cu2+ with potential applications in sample monitoring, membrane sensing and photo–printing. M. Kumar*, L.K. Kumawat*, V.K. Gupta, A. Sharma, ChemistrySelect 1 (2016) 277–284. *equivalent first co-author.
8. A new multifunctional rhodamine-derived probe for colorimetric sensing of Cu(II) and Al(III) and fluorometric sensing of Fe (III) in aqueous media. V.K. Gupta, N. Mergu, L.K. Kumawat, Sens. Actuators B 223 (2016) 101–113.
9. An easily accessible switch-on optical chemosensor for the detection of noxious metal ions Ni(II), Zn(II), Fe(III) and UO2(II). V.K. Gupta, A.K. Singh, L.K. Kumawat, N. Mergu, Sens. Actuators B 222 (2016) 468-482.
10. Rational design of the first furoquinolinol based molecular systems for easy detection of Cu2+ with potential applications in the area of membrane sensing. M. Kumar*, L.K. Kumawat*, V.K. Gupta, A. Sharma, RSC adv. 5 (2015) 106030–106037. *equivalent first co-author.
11. A novel optical sensor for copper ions based on phthalocyanine tetrasulfonic acid. L.K. Kumawat, N. Mergu, A.K. Singh, V.K. Gupta, Sens. Actuators B 212 (2015) 389–394.
12. A reversible fluorescence “off-on-off” sensor for sequential detection of aluminum and acetate/fluoride ions, V.K. Gupta, N. Mergu, L.K. Kumawat, A.K. Singh, Talanta 144 (2015) 80–89.
13. 2‐(Alkylamino)‐3‐aryl‐6, 7‐dihydrobenzofuran‐4 (5H)‐ones: Improved synthesis and their photophysical properties. M. Kumar, L.K. Kumawat, V.K. Gupta, A. Sharma, ChemistryOpen 4 (2015) 626–632.
14. A highly selective colorimetric and turn-on fluorescent chemosensor based on 1-(2-pyridylazo)-2-naphthol for the detection of Aluminium (III) Ions. V.K. Gupta, S.K. Shoora, L.K. Kumawat, A.K. Jain, Sens. Actuators B 209 (2015) 15–24.
15. Preparation of iodide selective carbon paste electrode with modified carbon nano-tubes by potentiometric method and effect of CuS-NPs on its response. M. Ghaedi, S.Y.S. Jaberi, S. Hajati, M. Montazerozohori, M. Zarr, A. Asfaram, L.K. Kumawat, V.K. Gupta, Electroanalysis 27 (2015) 1516–1522.
16. Selective naked-eye detection of magnesium (II) ions using a coumarin-derived fluorescent probe, V.K. Gupta, N. Mergu, L.K. Kumawat, A.K. Singh, Sens. Actuators B 207 (2015) 216–223.
17. A turn-on fluorescent chemosensor for Zn2+ Ion based on antipyrine Schiff base. V.K. Gupta, A.K. Singh, L.K. Kumawat, Sens. Actuators B 204 (2014) 507–514.
18. Thiazole Schiff base turn-on fluorescent chemosensor for Al3+ ion. V.K. Gupta, A.K. Singh, L.K. Kumawat, Sens. Actuators B 195 (2014) 98–108.
19. A novel gadolinium ion-selective membrane electrode based on 2-(4-phenyl-1,3-thiazol-2-yliminomethyl) phenol. V.K. Gupta, A.K. Singh, L.K. Kumawat, Electrochim. Acta 95 (2013) 132–138.
· Global Excellence and Stature (GES) fellowship for postdoctoral research in South Africa (2016–2017).
· Award Junior Research Fellowship for doctoral research (UGC–JRF–NET) June-2010 conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
· Qualified National Eligible Test for Lectureship (NET–LS) Dec-2009 conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.