Prof. Xin-Shan Ye
Organic Chemistry; Medicinal Chemistry; Chemical Glycobiology
Work Address: School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Xue Yuan Rd No. 38, Beijing 100191, China
• B.Sc. Wuhan University, 1981-1985
• M. Sc. Wuhan University, 1985-1988 (supervised by Prof. Cheng-Tai Wu, Synthesis of crown ether compounds)
• Ph.D. The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1993-1996 (supervised by Prof. Henry N. C. Wong, Synthesis of 3,4-disubstituted thiophenes)
• Lecturer Huazhong Agricultural University, 1988-1993
• Research Associate The Scripps Research Institute, USA, 1996-2000 (under the direction of Prof. Chi-Huey Wong, Synthesis of oligosaccharide library)
• Professor Peking University, 2000-
• Cheung Kong Scholars Programme Professionship (2000)
• National Outstanding Young Investigator Award by Natural Science Foundation of China (2005)
• Director of the State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs (2005-present)
• Natural Science Award of Ministry of Education, China, Second Class (2010)
• WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Award, Second Class (2010)
• Science and Technology Award of Chinese Pharmaceutical Association, First Class (2011)
• Development of new methodologies or strategies for the assembly of oligosaccharides.
• Synthesis and evaluation of biologically important oligosaccharides such as tumor-associated antigens.
• Design, synthesis and evaluation of carbohydrate-processing enzyme inhibitors as well as discovery of new carbohydrate-based drugs.
• Chemical modifications of aminoglycoside antibiotics.
• Co-Editors-in-Chief of Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry (2014-)
• Member of International Advisory Board of ChemMedChem (2014-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Carbohydrate Research (2009-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Chinese Journal of Organic Chemistry (2007-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities (2007-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Chinese Journal of Medicinal Chemistry (2006-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Chinese Journal of New Drugs (2009-)
• Member of Editorial Board of Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis (2005-)
• Associate Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences (2005-)
1. C.-H. Wong, Z. Zhang, I. Ollmann, T. Baasov and X.-S. Ye, "Programmable One-Pot Oligosaccharide Synthesis and Structural Effects of Monosaccharides on the Anomeric Glycosylation Reactivity", PCT Int. Appl. (2000), 109 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 0009527 Al 20000224; US patent No.: US 6,538,117 B1.
2. Xin-Shan Ye, Xiao-Lian Zhang, Fang Sun, Li-He Zhang, “Iminosugar derivatives: their synthesis and applications as immunosuppressive agents and glycosidase inhibitors”, Chinese patent No.: ZL 03 1 56099.7, Sept. 1, 2003.
3. Xin-Shan Ye, Yuhang Wang, Li-He Zhang, “Synthesis of the pentasaccharide antigen against hyper-rejection in organ xeno-transplantation”, Chinese patent No.: ZL 2004 1 0050073.8, July 2, 2004.
4. Xin-Shan Ye, Xuefei Huang, Qingyan Yan, Li-He Zhang, “Tri- and penta-saccharide antigens: their synthesis and applications as anti-immunorejection drugs”, Chinese patent No.: ZL 03 1 56098.9, Sept. 1, 2003.
5. Xin-Shan Ye, Jian Zhou, Li-He Zhang, Xiao-Lian Zhang, “A type of N-alkylated 1,6-dideoxyiminosugar derivatives: their synthesis and applications”, Chinese patent No.: ZL 2005 1 0109138.6, Oct. 18, 2005
1. Xiaofang Wang, Li-He Zhang, Xin-Shan Ye*, "Recent development in the design of sialyltransferase inhibitors", Med. Res. Rev., 2003, 23, 32-47.
2. Xuefei Huang*, Lijun Huang, Haisheng Wang, Xin-Shan Ye*, “Iterative one-pot synthesis of oligosaccharides”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2004, 43, 5221-5224; Angew. Chem. 2004, 116, 5333-5336.
3. Yuhang Wang, Xuefei Huang, Li-He Zhang , Xin-Shan Ye*, “A four-component one-pot synthesis of α-Gal pentasaccharide”, Org. Lett., 2004, 6, 4415-4417.
4. Xin-Shan Ye*, Fang Sun, Min Liu, Qin Li, Yuhang Wang, Guisheng Zhang, Li-He Zhang, Xiao-Lian Zhang*, “Synthetic iminosugar derivatives as new potential immunosuppressive agents”, J. Med. Chem., 2005, 48, 3688-3691.
5. Qiu-Hua Fan, Nan-Ting Ni, Qin Li, Li-He Zhang, Xin-Shan Ye*, “New One-Carbon Degradative Transformation of b-Alkyl-b-azido Alcohols”, Org. Lett. 2006, 8, 1007-1009.
6. Yiqun Geng, Li-He Zhang, and Xin-Shan Ye*，“Pre-activation protocol leading to highly stereoselectivity-controllable glycosylations of oxazolidinone protected glucosamine donors”, Chem. Commun., 2008, 597-599.
7. De-Cai Xiong, Li-He Zhang, and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Bromodimethylsulfonium bromide-silver triflate: a new powerful promoter system for the activation of thioglycosides”, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2008, 350, 1696-1700.
8. Yin-Suo Lu, Qin Li, Li-He Zhang, and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Highly Direct α-Selective Glycosylations of 3,4-O-Carbonate-Protected 2-Deoxy and 2,6-Dideoxythioglycosides by Preactivation Protocol”, Org. Lett. 2008, 10, 3445-3448.
9. Guan-Nan Wang, Gabriele Reinkensmeier, Siwei Zhang, Jian Zhou, Liangren Zhang,Li-He Zhang, Terry D. Butters* and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Rational Design and Synthesis of Highly Potent Pharmacological Chaperones for Treatment of N370S Mutant Gaucher Disease”, J. Med. Chem., 2009, 52, 3146-3149.
10. De-Cai Xiong, Li-He Zhang, and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Oxidant-Controlled Heck-Type C-Glycosylation of Glycals with Arylboronic Acids: Stereoselective Synthesis of Aryl 2-Deoxy-C-Glycosides”, Org. Lett., 2009, 11, 1709-1712.
11. Qiongfeng Xu, Bin Cheng, Xinshan Ye*, and Hongbin Zhai*, “SmI2-Mediated Carbon-Carbon BondFragmentation in -AminomethylMalonates”, Org. Lett., 2009, 11, 4136-4138.
12. Fan Yang, Xiu-Jing Zheng, Chang-Xin Huo, Yue Wang, Ye Zhang*, and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Enhancement of the immunogenicity of synthetic carbohydrate vaccines by chemical modifications of STn antigen”, ACS Chem. Biol., 2011, 6, 252-259.
13. Guan-Nan Wang, Yulan Xiong, Jia Ye, Li-He Zhang, and Xin-Shan Ye*, “Synthetic N-Alkylated Iminosugars as New Potential Immunosuppressive Agents”, ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2011, 2, 682-686.